Thursday, July 18, 2019

Obstacles, Road Blocks & Disappointments

Last Tuesday was not a good day...

I don't know if I said this earlier or not, but my primary doctor and my spine & knee doctors want me, as part of my treatment, to get gastric bypass surgery. I have not always been a fan of this option, but because I have been on this weight loss journey for almost 50 years, and have tried so many things, I was seriously considering the surgery. Unfortunately I found out on Tuesday that my insurance will not pay for it. This surgery costs over $30,000 which I cannot afford.

So I kept it together and tried not letting this news derail me and keep going on with my plan of eating well, drinking water and exercising. So I went to my water aerobic class. All went well until I got home and was getting ready for bed. All of a sudden I got extreme pain between my shoulders!! (Different from the lower back pain that I previously had and just got spine injections for, two weeks ago). This new pain is in a different place!! SO FRUSTRATING. I could hardly sleep that night. I tried to go to work the next day, and would have probably pushed through as this is my normal way....but I could not raise my hands high enough to wash my hair...so I stayed home. My hubby was home with me for a while, but he had to help his brother move, so he left me home alone. I tell you the minute he left, I started to cry....Not really cry...I wailed in anguish.....so in pain, so disappointed, so frustrated. I cried and wailed until there were no more tears.

So today, I press on. The back pain is getting better. I still have pain, but I can at least move.
I will continue to work my plan and get my health back.

I will not give up.

Keep focused!!!

2 comments:

  1. Darnit!!! No new pain allowed! I’m glad the back pain is getting better!

    I am not usually a big fan of surgery either but can see sometimes where it is a benefit. Will your insurance allow an exceptions since you have two or more different unconnected doctors recommending it????

    Regardless...You can do it! You can get your health in line...even without the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaryFran,
      I found out that I can appeal, but the insurance company will not pay for it. So I have a plan to get this done on my own.

      Thank you so much for your encouraging words.

      Have a great day!

      Delete