Saturday, February 27, 2010

Giants

Just got done with a 17 mile bike ride. Yes even with a recovering knee and a Chest Wall Contusion. I did it and I feel great!! Funny thing is I woke up this morning not feeling very well. I overslept and was unhappy with myself about that. I am behind in my Bible reading, laundry is piling up, the house is a mess and I've got bills to pay. Geez another Saturday and I'm faced with work. I almost did not go on the bike ride as I thought it better to get my house work done. I am so glad that I did not forsake my ride. It was so much fun! The weather was perfect. We started off and very quickly I realized that my hiney smarted a little from last weeks ride, but I kept going and soon I got into the rhythm of the ride. Today I was going to face my giant. Hills....I am so mentally afraid of them it's ridiculous!

Years ago, we took a bike ride and we came across a very long hill. I tried with all my might, but could not make it. I literally fell off of the bike, laid in the middle of the road while it was snowing. My husband calmly asked if I was going to get up and I said, "nope, call me a cab ~ I'm not moving". Well needless to say, I did move, but the sad thing was the bike ride was over. I could not overcome the hills.

Today I faced them square on. I was not going to be deterred. My wonderful husband was behind me coaching me on what gear I should use, this time I LISTENED, and before you know it, I was on top of the hill. Then the most amazing and exhilarating thing happened ~ I got my REWARD! Going down the hill at 26 miles per hour!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

The song in my head at the time is from the Biggest Loser show called "Proud". I kept hearing: "We need to change, do it today, I can feel my spirit rising, we need to change, do it today, 'Cause I can see a clear horizon...What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

I can say I feel proud that I overcame my fears and made it to the top!!

As Jillian Michael says "Screw surviving — it's time to thrive! "

What are you willing to do today to make you feel proud?

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment