Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm Fired!!!

Can't believe it's already August 9th. Where has the time gone. We have had a fun and very busy summer so far and I feel like my training for the 1/2 marathon in October has been put on the back burner.

Well today, I got back to my training.

I have been thinking about something that's bugged me for a long time.....I did not realize until recently why I can put 100% in at work, doing everything they ask ~ consistently, every day. And then at times...well most times, for me......I am willing to let myself down. Always putting what is important, for me personally, on the back burner.

What I have realized is that I have put no feelings attached to going to work. No matter how I feel, except in extreme sickness...I'm there and giving my employer my all. So even though I have a headache, don't feel great, I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm whatever....I'm there! It's what I do!

Not so for myself. If I even experience any type of negative feelings when I'm facing anything I need to do for myself. I will talk myself out of doing it and I base these decisions on feelings. Example: I need to train for my run in October. Most days I'm tired, lazy and lately, just too busy. So I put off my training. Other things.....I eat food, not because I'm hungry, but because of some feeling ~ I'm stressed, tired, happy, sad, bored etc. How long do you think I'd have a job, if I acted that way on a work day. If I just did not show up because I'm happy or sad. I'd be fired really fast! Right?

So I've adopted this new thing ~ and that is ~ if I have something scheduled or planned for myself....I don't care what it is I'm going to do it. No matter how I feel!!

Can I just say WOW! It's amazing how many times I've pushed through my lazy, tired, bored...whatever feelings and got stuff done. And do I feel great!!

Have I been perfect with this. Ah....No! But at least I stop long enough to think about it. And seriously if I am really fatigued, I will rest....I do really need to listen to my body....But the rest of the time. I'm doing what I say I'm going to do. Even if I don't feel like it!!

How about you.....Do you put off things for yourself because of how you feel?

Keep focused!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. All the time, but like you, I'm working on it. Feelings are hard to ignore though. It takes so much discipline.

    I love you friend...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't feel good, I do, but mostly I don't. In fact, some times I have to give myself permission to NOT do them. That some days it's OK to not do it all. :)

    ReplyDelete