I've not Blogged, for a long time, because....well you see....I did not have any Nuggets of Truth to share. Well I guess if I could have written that taking my focus off of my "original" goal of losing weight and putting my focus elsewhere...like running events, not really watching my food intake, suffering with injuries and wasting time...Well then my Nugget of truth would be....That these things have not helped me reach my goal of losing weight!! In fact, I gained a few back!
So now...I have to put these distractions on the back burner, because now it's time to get this done!!!
- No more extensive training...no crazy running..no strenuous rowing, no crazy biking and no more long running events. Now it's time for moderate exercise ~ Running, walking, biking and weight lifting.
- No more calories in the plus 2000's. Now it's back to low calories ~ low carbs and fat - - nothing but protein, some fats and fruits & veggies!!
- Water....yeah lots of it!!
- Injuries - I'm going to listen to my body. When it hurts, I'm not pushing through...I'm going to take care of it. Lots of stretching in my future!
- No more excessive weighing. Yep it's just once a week for me!
- No more obsessing and frustration about how bad I'm doing. I've got a postive attitude and my eye's are on the goal!!
I'm putting my focus on the next 10 months!! My goals.....
- To lose 65 pounds
- Train and participate in the Shamrock run in March. Just a 10k - That's moderate for me!
- Be ready by June 2014 to....Water ski, run 1/2 marathons blasting past my prior pace times, row, bike, horseback ride, and tons of other stuff!!!
I'm willing to sacrifice today and each day until June to get this done!!
So far.....because I've already set this thing in motion....I've lost 6.4 pounds in one week!!!
I've go this!!
How about you? Are you ready to sacrifice today so that you will be able to reach your long term goals?