Monday, November 14, 2011

Do you need a little motivation today to get off of the couch?

Having trouble getting your motivation to get to the gym?

Do you need a little nudge?

Well here's a little something I saw yesterday while I was at the vet...This might help!

I was sitting in the waiting room with my little dog Beemer, he was getting a vaccination. My total attention was on him, but in the background of noises and people talking, there was a ruckus going on. After this had been going on for some time, I finally directed my attention to this noise.

When I looked up, a woman as wide as a door was coming my way. She was coming slowly towards me, struggling with her purse and her two little dogs on leashes, one in each hand.  This poor woman was so large and out of shape, that she could only barely shuffle as she walked. I could tell that she was exhausted from her short trip from her car, which was parked right outside the door, to the waiting room. She was sweating, and huffing and puffing. The poor woman was on the verge of collapse. When she finally got to the bench, she plopped herself down, almost on top of me, because she did not have any more energy to move down a space to give her enough room to sit.

We had only a moment before my name was called and I was given my very excited Beemer. He was happy to see his Mama. Of course I was distracted from the woman and took my little doggy home.

While I as in my car, I was sorry that I did not take the time to talk with this woman. You see, she was about my age. We had that in common, oh and we had two dogs in common and of course we had a weight problem that we both share. I had my in...I could have taken the opportunity to help her or a least see if I could at least encourage her. Well I missed that opportunity and now, all I can do is pray for her..

Oh and of course, I can use this opportunity as fuel to keep me going and to encourage you.....We don't want to be this woman!!! We don't!! I remember struggling to walk 10 feet. I remember!! I don't ever want to go there again!!

So come on.......get your motivation....get to the gym....get your workouts done! Eat healthy today, drink your water and put on your winning attitude!!

We can so do this!

Are you with me?

Keep focused!

4 comments:

  1. If I wasn't motivated before, I'm certainly motivated now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for praying for this women. I will pray too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No--we don't want to be this woman! Thank you for not being judgmental--only compassionate and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it at TOPS each week and at the clinic that I go to - it's so sad. And I do feel pity, because I know how difficult this battle has been for me, but at least I am mobile and healthy.
    BTW, I met a woman recently who lost over 100 lbs!! It was so encouraging to chat with her.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete