Monday, June 4, 2012

Are you like me?

If you are like me....just 2 and 1/2 short years ago, you would be feeling like you were about three minutes from being bed bound. Back then, I was 274 pounds. Which is heavy, OK fat, but not as big as some other people. But for me, at 5'4"...274 pounds was unbearable. Every day I felt like I was getting closer and closer to being bed bound. My body hurt....I'd get weird ailments and pains that were unexplainable and sometimes untreatable. It was hard for me to move....I could not squat, bend over, walk very far ~ let alone run, my body just was not functioning as it should....I truly feel, if I did not get control of my health, I would be chained to my bed forever! Is that where you are today?

If you are like how I used to be, I challenge you today, to make a difference in your life. The way I was headed...the way you are headed will only lead to misery and maybe even death. I was on a one-way train heading for my final days of life.....even before I actually got to live some life. How devastating is that!!!!

I never knew.......

That by changing my life and keeping my focus on good health and fitness how WONDERFUL life can be! The things I've been able to do since losing 74 pounds has been amazing!! No longer are days of watching TV and eating junk food considered a good day. Never do I desire to stay in bed and not face the day.

NO WAY!!

Now the days just don't seem long enough! I want to do so many things....

Biking, running ~ 5k's 10k's and half marathons, strength building, camping, boating, golfing, playing with my grandkids, entertaining family and friends, traveling, exploring and on and on!

The other day, I decided I wanted to try to learn to golf. So Hubby and I went to the driving range. I was able to hit 105 golf balls, fairly straight and about 100 yards. Not bad for my first time. Then we got to go to the putting place (mound.....holes - I don't know what you call them). Anyway, I'm standing there with balls everywhere ~ practicing and I happen to look up and take in my surroundings. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny May day. The air was crisp and scented with flowers. I looked around and realized that the place was just beautiful. The breeze was warm. And all I could think about was how free I felt. Free to be silly missing my shot, free to try, free to be successful in getting in a good shot, free to be just like everyone else. Free to just have fun!

It was amazing!!!

So if you are where I was 2 and 1/2 years ago.....start today to change your life...make small changes toward good health. Surround yourself with your health and fitness team. Set goals and focus every day on achieving your health and fitness goals. Because life is worth living!!! Don't waste it!!!

You can do it!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

Keep focused!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day. I've only played golf once and found it surprisingly demanding physically. But so much fun.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing just how much of life we miss when we are obese and out of shape. No more!! Great post, Joy!

    ReplyDelete