Since I've started my health and fitness program, that wonderful day in 2010, I have still experienced some injuries......
March 2010 ~ Knee Injury...Chest wall Contusion...& Feet Problems....
November 2010 ~ Tennis Elbow...
December 2010 ~ Back Pain...
September 2011 ~ Back Pain...
The good thing is...I have not quit!! I'm still here and I'm fighting to get well!!
A while back my trainer said, "You know, all athletes get injuries." I was really taken back by that, first of all, because she thought "I" was an athlete! And second of all, I did not realize that this happens to athletes. Never thought about it.
It even happen to the greatest well trained and fit athletes of all times. So I was wondering who is the greatest athlete and what happened to them ~ what kind of injuries did they suffer? According to Greatest athletes of all times, Michael Jordan is their number 1 pick. According to their source and after doing some research, I found that Michael broke his foot the 2nd year into his 18 year basketball career.
If this athlete would have quit because of that injury, he would not have been able to go on to do...
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2009
- 6-time NBA champion: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998 (all with Chicago Bulls)
- 6 NBA Finals appearances: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
- 5-time NBA Most Valuable Player: 1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998
- 10-time scoring champion: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
- 3-time steals leader: 1988, 1990, 1993
- 3-time minutes leader: 1987, 1988, 1989
- 14-time NBA All-Star: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2003
- 3-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 1988, 1996, 1998
- 6-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
- 1-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year: 1987-88
- 11-time All-NBA selection:
- 9-time All-Defensive selection:
- NBA All-Rookie selection:
- Runner-up in 1985
- 7-time The Sporting News Most Valuable Player: 1987-88, 1988–89, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1997–98
- Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year: 1991
- Ranked #1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 75 Players of All-time
- Ranked #1 by ESPN Sportscentury's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th Century
- Selected in 1996 as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
- Selected in 1996 as member of two of the "Top 10 Teams in NBA History"
This is to only name a few things he did. I also think he played baseball and probably accomplished many other things!!
WHAT IF HE HAD QUIT????
What if I quit now? Geez I have had way more injuries than him. I think the only other thing, that I could find quickly, is that he suffered from a knee injury (which I don't doubt).
Thank goodness he did not quit!!!
Thank goodness I'm not going to quit either....Because even though, I may not be the athlete that Michael is, I still have some things that I need to do and accomplish. If I quit, I will never get there.
So I am fighting to survive this injury.
Next in the Series ~ Listen to your body!