Sunday, October 16, 2011

Surviving Injuries Series #3 ~ Adjustments

Obviously with injuries...you just have to take the time to recover. And when you are older...it takes longer....At least that what I seem to be experiencing lately!

So while I'm waiting...I just did not give up and not continue on with my journey. Nope!! I had to make adjustments.

There were days when I could only do my physical therapy exercises because of the pain. I could not beat myself up for that, that's all I could do. Then there were days I could walk and I did it. I have been able to lift weights and jump rope...on a good day. I do what I can!! But I've not given up!

I am not very organized with my blog...unfortunately, because I wanted to reference back to a post (but could not find it) about this person that I noticed in the gym. All I saw was a silhouette of a person in a darkened cycle room. This person was peddling with all their might. When I got closer, I realized it was a woman on the bike and she had her hand in a cast. You see this athlete, did not let her injury stop her. No she just made an adjustment.  She pushed through!

The other thing that needed to be done was I needed to reduce my calorie intake. Seems I could not have the same calories as I did when I was doing higher activity. I had to shave off about 300 calories just to stay even. Fortunately I have not gained anything during this injury period. I have not lost any either.....

Each day...if I allow myself to rest, adjust my exercise plan and lower my calories I have a little success. I'm feeling better and getting stronger!!!

Next up Attitude.....How to push through!!!!

Stay focused!!!!

1 comment: