Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thankful for my Father in Heaven, for He is so good to me!!!

I think about, and pray for those who don't know Him.

I am thankful for my beautiful family ~ Hubby, 2 Sons, Daughter in Law, Daughter and Son in Law, 2 BEAUTIFUL grand baby girls, 3 moms, and T :-), Sister and her family and Brother and his family, and my awesome friends!!
I'm thinking about my friend Darren, who right now is in Haiti, on a missions trip, helping those who have suffered so much from the earthquake. He's missing Thanksgiving with his family to help others who are in desperate need!

I am thankful for my warm beautiful home, the things that I own and my refrigerator stuffed with delicious healthy food for our Thanksgiving meal.
I am thinking about my friends at the Portland Rescue Mission, who have just suffered through the night in freezing cold weather. They have no home, no job, no money, no food, no comfort what so ever.

I am so thankful for my new, healthy and fit lifestyle. This morning I only counted 6 small things that hurt or are uncomfortable on my body. (Stuffy nose, ear is bugging me, paper cut on my thumb, cut on my foot, sore muscles from exercise and the Tennis Elbow)
I am thinking about my beautiful Sister in Law who is fighting stage 4 brain cancer. She's courageous and a fighter! She inspires me!!!!

I am thankful that I woke up this morning and weigh 4 pounds less than I did in 1992.
I think about last year....about how sick I really was...so out of shape...had Hemi Facial Spasms, High Blood pressure and Cholesterol, Sleep Apnea, chronic ear problems, could barely walk from my car to my office, and had high fatigue.

I am Blessed and so thankful....how about you?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Keep focused!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Joy! You are truly blessed. I hope you have a wonderful day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. You have so much to be thankful for, indeed. Enjoy the holiday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Great post Joy. I hope you have or are having a fantastic Thanksgiving! Big hugs and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete