Saturday, May 1, 2010

Almost Forgot

I was responding to a comment from Frugalmom (you should check out her blog ~ she's just starting her journey as well - See my follower info). Anyway in thinking about this process of losing weight and getting fit, I almost forgot what got me started again, and for the final time. I will post the information I sent to Frugalmom.

Now that I'm remembering back - what kicked it into gear for me was I heard something on the Dr. Laura show that caught my attention. I've listened to her radio program for years. She frequently has callers who ask her how they can be more disciplined or how to get motivated to lose weight and get fit. What's so weird is, for years, every time she answers the question, I get interrupted and I never hear her answer. One day in December 2009, I finally got to hear it. You know what she told the caller? "There is no magic answer to the question, it's a matter of grit". You just have grit through and "do it". That's it! And that what got me jump started!! I just took the time to look at where I was ~ It is what it is! The reality of the situation was terrifying, but that was my baseline and I just starting baby stepping into each new thing or change that I needed to make.

Just do something towards good health each day. Not looking for perfection, just progress.

What's it going to take to get you jump started?

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment