Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 107 ~ 7 Month Focus ~ Whew!

So back from vacation one day and I already feel better! Lost 1 pound of the 1.8 pounds I gained already, had a great food day yesterday, got in all my water and had a killer time with my trainer. It feels great to be back!!

Honestly could not have said that yesterday morning. In fact I just wanted to crawl back into bed and not even face the day. Instead, I got out of bed and made myself get out there and do it! So glad I did!!!

Fun thing happened while on vacation. Because I've lost more weight since last summer, I did not have any camping clothes. Really everything I have hangs and bags everywhere. Good thing huh? But the  weird is, have you ever gone shopping for camping clothes?  That's what I got to do and while I was shopping, I got to experience some feelings that I have not enjoyed since I was a kid. I remember, before all of our trips, my mom would take us shopping for new clothes. It was always a fun and joyous time. Since I've been an adult, I've never, ever relished shopping for clothes as a fun and/or a joyous time. But this past week it was and I have to say, IT WAS AMAZING!!

We went to Old Navy. Yeah me, in that store, trying on clothes and they fit. Can you even believe it? I got a pair of pants, a pair of shorts, 2 tank tops and a hoodie. The best thing ever, is I got all this for around $60. In my old lady, fat store $60 would get you a pair of pants and maybe half a shirt! So bonus! More clothes for me!!

Then another fun thing happened. While we were at the resort, I found myself walking around the pool without my cover up. Geez, I totally forgot about it. At one point, I was in line waiting to order my lunch (a healthy one of course) and I'm standing there in just my suit. When I realized what I was doing, I almost ran back to my cover up. I would have too, if the line was not so long. Since I could not leave, I just stood there, acting like it was no big deal. Me....in line with people....with just my swimsuit! Who knew I could do such a thing?

Then the other fun thing that happened was when Hubby and I went for a bike ride on Sunday. I usually wear my bike shorts and a baggy t-shirt. But I thought I would try to see what my new tank top looked like. So I get it on and I like what I see. So I went to my Hubby to get his approval.....And he said he liked it. Well that scared me and I decided to put my old baggy t-shirt back on. I wore it around for a while and I thought "What the heck", I'm going for the tank top. And I did!!

Here I am, again feeling half naked....me in just a tight tank top and bike shorts and shoes and socks. It felt great!!!!!!

So much fun. I tell you less clothes is really freeing. I remember when I was heavier the yards and yards of fabric that it took to cover this body was almost suffocating and quite heavy. So much fun now to wear smaller clothes.

OK enough about me. How are you doing?

Keep focused!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting right back with the program after vacation. Good job on only gaining 1.8 pounds.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smaller clothes are my favorite NSV - and I agree, it's AMAZING how much cheaper they are than the plus size shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! You're inspiring! I'm glad that you felt good and not vulnerable - that's how I felt when I lost the weight the last time. I think I'm more confident as a person now though.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there friend! Boy oh boy have I missed you! It's so nice to be here reading your blog and to see that you're still going strong. I'm so proud of you.

    Thanks for being there for me! I so appreciate your words of encouagement. It's helped me so much!

    I love you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!! I love being able to wear smaller clothes. How fun. I'm kind of weird, tho because sometimes I still like the big baggy look. I feel thinner when my clothes are baggy. Isn't that strange? My daughter always wants me to wear tighter clothes.

    Good for you Joy. I wish we could have gotten together before I moved one last time. It got so crazy! I will miss you!!

    Take care and God bless...
    and if you ever drive out to Utah... :) come see me!!
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you. It's a great feeling to love shopping again.

    ReplyDelete