Friday, June 4, 2010

The Scale - Love it...Hate it...

Today I hate it!! Once again, I jumped on the scale, hopeful, that stupid little digital square would tell me what I want to know. And once again, it has not moved.

I have not had any weight loss for over a month. My food is in order, I'm exercising enough (my body hurts every day ~ so I know I'm giving it my all), I'm getting my water in, journaling, blah, blah, blah....

And the scale just blinks at me ~ "You're still 237"...Augh!

By God's grace, I have not given up. Prior to this year, I would have. I have allowed that scale to tell me who I am. Every day it says, "Yup, your fat, your still fat, you're a fatty!!"

But today, I'm not going to listen to that stupid scale. I don't believe what it says. I'm leaner, I'm stronger and I'm looking a lot better!!!

I have to remember there are other things that show me that I'm on the right track.

1.) People are noticing.
2.) My clothes are falling off.
3.) I like what I see in the mirror.
4.) I have less saggy fat hanging around.
5.) I have energy, more than I've had in years.
6.) I am stronger, healthier, happier, saner and excited!!

So sorry scale, NOT TODAY, I'm not going to listen to you. I'm going with what I know.

Does the scale tell you who you are? If so, don't listen to it!!

Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Don't listen to that scale. Those are awesome things to notice on your list. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scales suck... honest truth. I just asked mine the other day. :(

    ReplyDelete