Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tough Day

I try to come to these pages with something new, informational or encouraging. But I'm having a tough day.

As I write this my sweet Sister-In-Law Tracy is in surgery. She's in her early 40's, married, of course to my Brother-In-Law and has two boys. Yesterday she got up to do her normal, everyday things like we all do. She became weak and could not remember her kids names. The ambulance was called and off to the hospital she went. Many tests were done and they found that she has a brain tumor the size of a 1/2 dollar.

Even at this moment when I am struggling with not knowing if she's going to live, or how is her life going to change, will she remember her kids and husband, will she be the same, even with all that, I'm sitting her feeling sorry for myself, because I do not feel well.

It's been a tough week for me, I've not had the energy lately to exercise or even to make healthy food. I only got to the gym 2 times and walked on my treadmill a couple of days. Also I got some bad news at work, seems we may be making a lot of changes in our office, just don't know what they will be. Feeling out of control, my bills are a mess, my house is a mess, the slugs are eating my flower garden and my poor Sister-In-Law is on an operating table, fighting for her life.

Don't know if I can offer anything inspirational or uplifting at this moment, but it occurs to me that things aren't so bad, yeah I don't feel good, but I can still get up and move around, do what I want to do and need to do. My job is just a job, if this one ends, there will be another one. The bills and the house, geez I will never feel in control of these things, I just need to get over that!! And the slugs, well, I'm going to take care of them. Think I will replace the chewed up plants with beautiful flowers in honor of my Sis.

My point to all of this is, life is too short!! You think you have plenty of time and then one day something happens to you that changes the course of your life. I am pleading with you today, maybe even begging a little - GO OUT AND LIVE YOUR LIFE!! Don't waste one more minute, you don't know how many more you have.

Be a Blessing to your family, reach out to someone you had a fight with, reconcile your relationships, go buy a flower for your neighbor, start a Bible study with your neighbor, take a college student out for coffee, get to know them!! Fly a kite, smell some roses, eat a treat (just a small one), look at the clouds - find the elephant, go to a baseball game, ride your bike, play board games, make up a board game, eat sushi, run that marathon, go swimming, buy a $10 lemonade from the kid down the street, send a card to someone who is sick, send a card to someone you love, write love notes to your kids and husband, pet your dog, cry....just be a Blessing to others - live your life.

I'm taking my own advise and I'm going to the craft store to get some supplies so I can make something for a friend. Then I'm going to the plant store. Smile!

Please pray for Tracy and her family. She is a cancer nurse and Blesses so many. We need her in this dark world.

May Blessing and Hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment