Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 57 - 7 Month Focus

Race day is finally here!! Can I just say that I'm excited!!!! Could not ask for better weather. I really did not care what the temperature, as long as it did not rain. Looks like we will be in the 80's...bright blue skies and SUN!!! Woo hoo!!! (Race time 6:45pm - Starlight Run)

The reality of it all hit me yesterday when we were making preparations....Had to get my iPhone armband, new running pants and picked up my t-shirt. You would think with all the hubbub, I would be running a marathon. For me, it will probably feel like one. Think about running 3.1 miles, without stopping, at 213 pounds. YIKES!!!!

In preparations of my mind (for me, that's where I need to do a lot of work), I have been thinking about my race attitude and the amazing race face I get....where nothing matters. Nothing!! Just me and the road. I got that face last Saturday, when I made my first attempt at running a 5k. I got the face of determination....I went to that place, a place outside myself, a place that assured me...I CAN DO IT... (I can't even begin to explain what it feels like)...anyway, I want that race face again. It's amazing!! I can't wait to go there again!

I am adopting a new "So WHAT" attitude! Yesterday while driving to work, I was thinking about all of the reasons why I can't do the things I want to do. I'm just driving along, talking to God and convincing Him of why I can't. And all I heard from Him was...."So WHAT!"

Huh??!!??

I felt He was telling me...So WHAT if you feet/body hurts, so what if you are scared, so what if you have fear, so what if you don't feel worthy, so what if you.....whatever it is.... SO WHAT!!!!!

No matter the reasons I have for stopping me from achieving my goals, whatever they are, So WHAT,
just push through those reasons and get the job done.

I have had many times in my life where I had to do something for others and I was up against obstacles and I just pushed through. Mostly I did this because I felt I did not have any options. I just had to do what I had to do. So for myself; I need to adopt this same attitude. That no matter the obstacles, no matter the troubles I have, I need to say "So What" to them and push toward my goals.

Nothing has to stop me....I'm the only one who's stopping me because I'm hanging on to this stuff that does not matter. These things are not holding me back. I'm holding me back!!

So WHAT to that stuff. This girl is pushing through!!!!

How about you...Are you ready to say "So What" to your obstacles?

Stats from yesterday...

Exercise: 30 minutes on Treadmill
Steps: 6931
Calories: 2076
Track Food: Done
Water: 100+ oz
Blog: Done

Missed some of my goals again!!! SO WHAT...Today is a new day!!! I'm reaching for them!!!

Keep focused!!

4 comments:

  1. That "SO WHAT" mentality reminds me of the saying that obstacles are those large things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Keeping our eyes on that goal and we don't even need to take much notice of the tiny little obstacles. Game face on, girl. I call it my "eye of the tiger".

    See you tonight. Oh, and the race starts at 7:45 (not 6:45) but I'm aiming to be there at 6 to 6:30.

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for doing the 5K! I can't wait to read all about it.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your race was this morning :) I couldn't wait to get on here and read all about it :) LOL Guess I have to wait another day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that race went well for you , Joy! So proud of you that you did this. Lifecan be hard and certainly getting fit is a challenge. I will think of your "so what" as I start to make excuses about my choices or challenges. Stat strong, Michele

    ReplyDelete