Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 66 - 7 Month Focus

Random thoughts...

Trying to find balance! Now that I'm feeling better and have energy, I want to do everything. However, I'm learning there are only 24 hours in a day and I can't do it all. I remember days used to drag on. Now, they are flying by. I usually have the day planned out and only have snipets of time to get things done. Any of you struggling with the issue of time?

Still having trouble with my computer....can't leave comments on a lot of blogs. I guess it's a problem with my computer, I just don't know how to fix it. Hopefully my son will help me with it this weekend. Sorry friends, I'm reading, I promise!!

This is the 3rd month of my 7 Month Focus. So far, I've had some good days, but right now, it's the worse month so far. Exercise, blogging, tracking my food and water are easy and I get most of that done. It's the calories that are killing me and stopping me from losing. Yes, the scale is moving, but very slowly. As hard as I'm working in the gym, if I would just get my calories under control, then we would be seeing some significant stuff happening. Wonder why I'm chosing not to hit this goal?

In thinking about my last question regarding the calories. You know, in the back of my mind, I am still thinking that I "DESERVE" food. That it's a "REWARD". Like...I work really hard in the gym and I deserve to have a treat. Now most of my treats are like fruit or a nutrition bar...but even good calories add up. So I'm wondering why I don't look at a great workout with a deficit in calories as a reward? With that kind of a reward, I get a tangible thing.....weight loss. Just eating my reward delays the ultimate reward. Kind of stupid of me...don't you think?

The other night at the gym, I saw this really large man on the bike. He was peddling so slow...I mean really slow. I wanted to chastise him, to myself of course, I was thinking what's the point? He was barely moving. Then I realized the point is....He's at the gym, on a bike and he's MOVING!!!! Got to start somewhere!! GO MAN GO!!!!

Stats from Yesterday....

Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill & 55 minutes water aerobics
Steps: 6948
Calories: 1738 (better...)
Food Tracking: Done
Water: 100+ oz
Blog: Done

So how are you doing? Getting the job done?

Keep focused!!

No comments:

Post a Comment