Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 65 - 7 Month Focus

Last night I had my time with my trainer. She told me a couple of weeks ago that her plan was to re-shape my workouts and push me to the next level. Pretty much, she just wants to kill me! Anyway, I got there last night and she was already looking for me.....first thing we do is go to the multipurpose room. You know the room where she keeps all of the scary equipment!

She has me doing intervals with the jump rope, jumping jacks, push ups, planks - with a twist - you do a plank, then you go fully up on one arm then the other, then lower yourself down. Try it ~ not easy! We do this for some time and then it's off to the cycle room. She has me doing intervals on the bike, then squats with a bar bell pole (don't know the official name), then after that it's back to the floor for some crunches - lots of them. Finally we are done. Whew!

Then she takes the bar bell pole and asks me if it was heavy. I said yes it was and it was hard doing crunches with it. She said, well this bar represents half of the weight you've lost. I was doing squat with a 30 pound pole. Then she says, "Can you even imagine you were carrying two times that much weight on your body?  EVERY DAY? "

I almost wanted to cry. It was really like a Biggest Loser moment when they have the contestant put back on the weight they lost. Do it sometime. Pick up something that weighs the same as the amount of weight you've lost and carry it around for a while. You won't believe how heavy it is. How did I / can I carry this extra weight around. My goodness!!!

Then she preceded to remind me of what we did last night. Said I did 3 minutes of each cardio thing. Funny thing is, when I first started with her, I could not even do 1 jumping jack or jump rope - I forgot how to do it. Last night I did it for 3 minutes each! I also did 45 push ups, 30 squats with 30 pounds on my back and other amazing things. We also did these things that made me look like I was ice skating. You kind of jump from one side to the other swinging your arms. We did a ton of these. Yikes!

She is real happy with my progress and promises that next week, we will continue to keep pushing through to the next level. She says she's still not seeing my break through yet. Man I wish I would get there!

Stats from yesterday:
Exercise: 1 hr cardio, weights & 30 minutes on the bike
Steps: 12278
Calories: 2077 (Killing me!! Frustrates me that I can't get this down - or let me just say, I'm not willing to do it.)
Food Tracking: Done
Water: 100+ oz
Blog: Done

I had this random thought yesterday. Kind of struck me right where I am and that is: "If you want to be something...you have to do something." Whatever it is I want to be, it's just not going to happen. I have to do something to get it. Nothings knocking at my door, I have to go out there and get it.

Are you with me? Are you willing to get out there and make stuff happen?

Keep focused!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment