Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Yesterday was a great day! We decided to go to the water front for the Blues Festival and fireworks.

We got there around 1:00pm and it was already packed! Fortunately my brother in law had saved us our little patch of earth. We brought our lunch and water ~ I love that we are learning how to eat even in this type of situation. We took some crackers, cheese, strawberries, and yogurt for lunch and we planned on having dinner there. I decided to splurge on yakisoba noodles, which I would not recommend if you've had a clean diet. Can I say, "Heartburn!!"

Fortunately I only had about a cup of noodles. It was amazing that I could actually throw away a perfectly good plate of noodles, but I did. I had to, to save myself!

One other little bad thing I did ~ I had a waffle cone. Come on ~ it's the 4th of July. I had to do it.

I waited for a long time in line, I was hoping that I would burn a few calories doing that. I finally got my waffle cone AND I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

The fireworks were spectacular! I have never been so close to them. We always see them from far away. Never realized there was so much more to them. Usually we can only see the big ones, did not know there were a ton a little ones too. Pretty amazing!

After the fireworks, it was about 11:00pm. We started walking with the masses toward the train. We don't use the train often, so we were asking people how to find it. Well you will get different answers for difference directions. We were directed to the line that went North/South and we really needed to be directed to the East/West line. We ended up walking about 20 extra blocks, which is good, because I needed to work off my noodles and ice cream.

Oh the other bad thing...I would not recommend new shoes when going on a hiking event. I bet I've got 9 blisters on my feet and I think some of the blisters have blisters!!

We finally arrived at the train and had to wait for 2 1/2 hours to get home. When I finally got to bed, my head hit the pillow and I was out.

Today, it's yard work, grocery shopping, long bike ride, BBQ and hopefully the grand baby will be here.

Are you doing something fun today? Would love to hear about it!

Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! Sorry to hear about the blisters though...ouch! We are doing absolutely nothing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful day for you!! And no feeling guilty about your treats! Not because you took a holiday, but because it's a lifestyle!! And a lifestyle without a few treats is just sad!!! :D

    ReplyDelete