Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Skinnier Me?

Yesterday we took our boat out to the lake. It was a beautiful day, 90's plus! Since owning a boat (about 9+ years), this is the lowest weight I have ever been.

It's been frustrating to have a boat and not be able to ski, wake board or knee board. The only thing I could do was tube and even then it was a struggle, because I did not have the strength to hang on.

After each disappointing summer, I would vow, that the next year, I would get in shape! And each year I would come back a little bit heavier and a little bit weaker.

Not this year! 43 pound lighter and a lot stronger!!!!

Because it was just the two of us, we could not ski - you need 3+ people, so I was unable to see how I would do. So I decided to take my top and shorts off and lounge on the boat with my swimming suit only. Never have I ever done that before!!! Once I was comfortable with that, I decided I wanted to sun myself a little bit. I originally chose to lay on the bench that is low, so no one would see me. Then my hubby says, "Why don't you lay on the platform?", which is high enough for all the world to see - yikes!!! So I decided I would do it. People will just have to get over themselves!!

So I'm laying there, all happy, reading my book and enjoying the warm sun. And then I look toward the driver seat and noticed these long slim legs in the mirror. I did some double and triple takes and realized those legs were mine!!! Then I took a peak at the rest of me and did not find the usual blog, but a slimmer person laying on the deck. IT WAS ME!!!!

My hubby caught me looking and told me to quit it! He said that I need to get it in my head that I look a ton different. I told him, that I wanted to look, because I still can't believe it!!

What a wonderful thing!! It's really happening and it's happening to me!!!

What new thing have you discovered about your new look?

Off for a bike ride and more boating!!

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete