- Summer Bucket List - So far out of the 15 items I listed, for our summer activities, we have accomplished 12 of them already!! Summer is not even close to being over yet! Having the best summer of my entire life!!!!
- Stretching....Just got back from a 3 day camping trip with strangers.....now new friends!!! We went with a couple who we know from our church. We have never done anything together except ministry opportunities. This couple does an annual camp trip with their friends. This year there were 5 families, not including us ~ 10 adults and about 13 kids (never could get the kids together in one spot to really count them all). My hubby and I packed up our gear and our boat and set out for our journey. We have never ventured out with people we don't know, on this long of trip, before. Well this was the best group ever! We had a great time!! Every one was so nice, we felt like we've been apart of the group forever!! We did a ton of water skiing, wake boarding and wake surfing! The weather was great and I'm burnt to a crisp! The greatest thing was feeling confident enough to be in a swimsuit in front of strangers and not feeling bad about myself. I was still the heaviest person there, but I was fit. I was able to do everything with no problems. I walked....Even walked hills without trouble or shortness of breath. I tried to ski, still can't get up, but a lot of people could not get up either! I was able to wake surf. NO PROBLEM!!! Not sore at all! The only thing that hurt were my hands from holding onto the rope. Could not find the sweet spot to "free ride" without the rope. Maybe next time. Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention. My hubby and I took our healthy food with us. We ate our own food for breakfast and lunch and then ate with the group for dinner. We were able to stay on track and within calories, except for yesterday....I had a turkey club sandwich, with fries and a small blackberry milkshake. Hey we went to Beetle Baileys, a hamburger joint, not a slim selection to be found. Anyway, it was fabulous and I enjoyed every bite! Back on track today!
- Weddings...I've got two of them coming soon. Both weddings are out of town, so that means a lot of my meals will be planned by others and out of my hands. Our oldest son is getting married in September and my niece is getting married next week. It will be the first time the family has seen me at this weight in years. Can't wait! I am planning to take some healthy food with me and I'm already trying to figure out how I can get my exercise in. Will be interesting and a challenge!
- Party....I'm having a Mary Kay party in a couple of weeks. Another eating occasion. I am trying to figure out some delicious healthy snacks to feed the ladies. It's a challenge for me, because I always want to lean toward the sugar and fat laden desserts that I used to make. It's a stretch for me to go to the healthy side, especially when it comes to sweets. Not because I don't like healthy stuff, I just know that if you are used to sugar, some of the healthy alternatives just don't taste as yummy. Maybe I'll do something with fruit. Can't go wrong there. Anyway, I'm going to invite my neighbors and some friends and see what happens. I hope to have a lot of people there, I'm trying to help my friend out who needs to get her business going! Anyway, I hope it goes well.
- New Season.....The Christmas ribbon is out at Costco already....Another eating opportunity coming soon!! Get ready! Geez!
- New Challenge....My trainer is bumping me to the next level. It's kind of funny...I was getting really complacent with my old workout routine and I did not even know that I was in a slump....I was just going through the motions. I did not realized that I was not sweating or feeling anything afterward my workouts and I did not know that I was not challenging my body anymore. Just did not see it. Boy it did not take long to get there....I am so glad that she brought this to my attention. I need and want to go to the next level. I am not satisfied with just going through the motions. I need this new challenge! I am ready for it! (This is the benefit of having a personal trainer. They can see what's really going on and get you back on track.)
I think that's all I've got for today.
I hope you are doing well...On track....Getting results.....Making a difference in your life.....Making a difference in others' lives....Doing what needs to be done!!! Getting it done!!!