Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 31 - 7 Month Focus

Wow month one already in the books. Can't believe how fast times flies. Well lets recap!

My 7 Month Goals are....to do the following items daily....

Exercise
10000 Steps 
1700 Calories / Changed this goal to 1600 calories mid-way during the month of April
Track food using the BodyBugg system
Drink 100oz of water
Blog

This is what I got done....

Only had 4 successful days where I got everything done....The rest of the month went like this.....
  • Exercised 21 days
  • Reached my 10000 step goal 10 times
  • Reached my calorie goal 13 times
  • Tracked my food 30 days
  • Reach my water intake goal 28 times
  • Blogged 30 days
Well....would I consider this a success? Well not if I'm thinking perfection. However, I am not going to think like I used to...all or nothing. So I'm going to say I had a semi successful month! At least there was effort and I did not quit just because I did not do it perfectly.

I did lose 4 pounds!!!

Shhhh!!!! 

The purpose of my challenge is not necessarily to focus on losing weight. My purpose is to do what I say I'm going to do. That is my goal!!! The by product or bonus if you will, is if I do what I say I'm going to do, I will lose weight and I did. It worked! The point is....achieving those goals.

So I have some work to do! I am optimistic for May. I already have my goal sheet ready and I will increase my activity this month!! What I did was good...but not good enough!! I'm ready to keep it going!! So excited!!

How about you. Do you have trouble reaching your goals? How do you power through?

Keep focused!!!

5 comments:

  1. great job joy. great goals. and great loss. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I won't tell). :)

    I think you did wonderfully with your exercising.

    Me and goals? Powering through? Hmmmm. I'm doing much better with the intuitive eating than I am with keeping up an exercise routine (I'm so distracted with other things that also need my attention. But "I" need my attention, too!). This is what helps me: keeping judgement out of my slip-ups. I don't beat myself up anymore. That keeps me from giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Optimism is a beautiful thing! And congrats on the 4 lbs(shhh). :)


    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to pick little goals and when I reach them I find it invigorating keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete