Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 51 - 7 Month Focus

I am not sure why you even bother to read my blog....I must make you crazy, because I make my own self crazy!!! I feel like I am on a roller coaster....One minute I going up with all of this excitement and anticipation of what this journey brings, then I get to the top, so full of hope and success, and then I go crashing down to the bottom again!

Right now, I am kind of mid way on the coaster, just past the exhilaration of what success I've reached so far and I am mid way down, at the part where your stomach is in your throat (do you know that feeling), just before crashing to the bottom.

Last night I watched the Biggest Loser finale and was thrilled with the results. Man a lot of the people made some pretty remarkable changes in their lives. One of the things I love about the show, is that somewhere on the journey one of the trainers pushes and pushes a contestant until they break. It always happens. Once they have their break down and they get their break through, then you start seeing some amazing things happen.

That's what I'm waiting for! I need to break down....I need my break through. Now don't get me wrong there are moments when I think I'm there and some amazing stuff happens. That not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the "AHA" change, the point of no return, the balls to the walls, momentum building, life changing, forever change that helps me get to my goals and helps me stay there. I want that!

So last night, I'm praying and I asked the Lord for help. It's moments like these that I have a hard time hearing from the Lord, especially if it has to do with me. He may be whispering His instructions, but I just can't hear them. Anyway, since I could not really hear what I needed to hear, I decided to listen to my radio. So I am dialing up and down the dial looking for some help. I prayed, "Lord, let there be a talk show on with someone who has made it, someone who has pushed through and really made stuff happen, someone who can give me some tips on how to get that passion it takes to get the job done."

So up the dial and down the dial I went. Mostly all I got was static. Hum.....not too encouraging. Then right before I turned it off, I heard someone say that they were able to achieve their dreams by being dedicated. It was a Michelle Kwan commercial. Here's the commercial information I found on the Internet. Michelle Kwan is the most decorated figure skater in US history. Dedication made Michelle a champion and it can make your dreams a reality too.

Wow for me that is a new word ~ Dedication! That kind of gets me fired up!

So today, I am ready to dedicate myself to my fitness and weight loss journey. Time to re-focus and get this done. No more ups and downs...This roller coaster is going up and staying there. Hey Colorado has bike trails that go up hills both ways, why can't my roller coast just keep going up? It can happen!!!

Are you with me....Are you ready to dedicate yourself to your health, fitness and weight loss goals? Let do this thing!!!

Keep focused!

4 comments:

  1. Joy, you can do this. What I tell myself is, do I really want a health scare to be my wake up call? No, I don't! !!
    one day at a time. I watched the finale also. Those contestants look amazing!! Not sure anna kournakova will thrill me next season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    It is the middle that is the hardest part for me. Of course, I love the highs and hate the lows. Even during the lowest of the lows, I know it isn't going to last forever. It is in the middle where everything seems so unending and the doldrums set in. It is hard for me to recognize that even the middle is temporary. And I need to learn the lessons there as well.

    You're in the middle now. It is a hard place to be. But, I know you're tougher than the middle and you'll dedicate yourself to making it! I know it!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Joy! I find that I always have some motivation difficulties when seasons start changing. Not sure why, but it is something that I am aware of...my solution it to try to change things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this! DEDICATION!!! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete