Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 32 - 7 Month Focus

Some days I just want to change my plan....I am working really, really hard ~ Physically! Days like today, I'm so sore from the efforts I put in yesterday. Seems every day I have pain. Now this is good pain, mind you, not the pain of injury, but the pain of working my muscles to their limit.

I have a friend who is on a diet plan that is all prepared for her. She does light exercise, but that's it ~ in 15 weeks she's lost 30 pounds. 30! It's taken me 1 1/2 years to lose 60+ pounds!! Parts of me wants to abandon this slow, methodical way of doing it. If I started her plan now, I could be down to my goal weight or at least close to it by the end of the year! What to do?!?!

The reality is...I can't do her program. My doctor does not advise that I do anything that may trigger my health condition to relapse. I have asked her many times if I could maybe just try and she said, "No"! Now I know I'm a big girl, a very big girl, and I can do what I want, but there are just some things I am not willing to mess with and this is one of them.

Anyway...I really have to say, even though, it's taken me a while to get this far, I am grateful for the journey. I have learned so much about myself, my body, my limitations and I have learned that I am a lot stronger than I think and I really do have a stick to it attitude and....dun dun dunnnnnn.....I can do this!

So yesterday, after I got done whining to myself about how hard this is...well, really how hard I'm making it. I decided to buckle down and JUST DO IT!!!

I focused on my goals and this is what I got done.....

Exercise ~ 40 minutes on my treadmill. My trainer wants me to run, so I decided I would follow her running instructions ~ 5 minutes of walking, then intervals of 1 minute walking, then 30 seconds run - I do this for 5 minutes and then I do the whole thing again 2 more times. Well yesterday, I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to just see how far I could go. So I got my first minute in, then I said, let's go to 2 minutes, then 3....all the way up to 5 minutes without stopping!! ME - I DID THAT!! After it was all over, I ran over 10 minutes in all. I don't think I've ever done that before! Then last night, Hubby and I went for an hour long walk!

Steps ~ My goals is 10,000 ~ I logged in 14464 ~ Woo Hoo!!

Calories ~ My goal is 1600 ~ I logged in 1605 ~ I'm counting it as success!!

Food tracking on Bodybugg ~ Done

Water ~ Got in 100+ oz

Blog ~ Done

SUCCESSFUL DAY!!!

So I can do this. I don't need to abandon my plan. I just need to stay focused and keep going, even if it's painful ~ I will make this happen!!

How about you....have you ever felt like you wanted to abandon your plan?

Keep focused!!!!

9 comments:

  1. The journey is vital. As much as I hate to say it, but the slowness & set backs are important. Stay strong!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think slow and steady is great! What plan is your friend on? Although I dont know what health condition you have I am sure your dr is right!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so proud of you! You can do this and you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, losing it slowly is the best way. Honestly it is. It's boring, I know, but it is more lasting - because you gradually make changes that you can continue with and live with. I have done the losing 40 lbs in 3 months - and I was not ready for it at all - and I gained it back very, very quickly. I think that is one reason why it has taken me longer this time - I am not willing to regain it this time.
    Great stats! Keep going!! I'm cheering for you!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy,

    That is so awesome! 10 minutes of running! You have to run that 5k with me now! I am thinking about getting T-shirts that say "Believing it's possible" for anyone who wants to join me. I hope you do!! I freaked out today on the treadmill thinking I couldn't really run for long... but pushed through it... like you did! You are surprising yourself with all you can do. It's awesome!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you my friend. My weight loss has been slow too, but I've decided that it's probably for the best. I have a lot to learn and if I lost too quickly, I don't think I'd be able to keep the weight off. Just hang in there Joy. You're not alone. I'm with you...all the way...no matter how long it may take.

    Love and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it that you are running!! Wow, Joy! You should be so proud of how far you have come. No matter slow. Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is excellent, amazing, terrific, awesome and so much more. That is so truly fantastic Joy. I am so proud of you. Very, VERY!!! proud.
    Keep up the great work. You're doing it my friend, you are such an inspiration.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. as a person near her goal weight I would encourage you to look at the sentence "and then I would be at goal weight" and ask yourself...'and then'.
    It doesn't end at goal weight. keep on chuggin joy.
    You are doing great. hugs.

    ReplyDelete